It is now against the law in Victoria to serve alcohol in a private home to anyone under 18, unless their parent or guardian has given permission.
This law is part of the Government's efforts to reduce the harm that drinking creates for young people and their families and friends.
On this site, you'll find lots of information and links to useful resources about alcohol and young people.
How to use this site
- more information about the law, how to comply with it, and how it will be enforced
- how many young people drink, why and how much
- the damage alcohol can do
- how you can talk to your children about underage drinking
- reducing risk and minimising the harm that alcohol can do
- where you can find more information and support.